Harvey & Gore is one of London’s oldest privately-owned antique jewellers and diamond dealers, renowned worldwide for its exquisite jewellery and world-class craftmanship.
The company was founded in 1723 by two partners, Alston and Grayhurst, who opened their shop in Aldgate in the city.
This was close to the Blue Boar Inn and the emblem of the Blue Boar was used as the shop sign. Today it is still the emblem of Harvey and Gore, forming part of our letterhead in a cartouche originally designed by the renowned artist, William Hogarth.
By 1812 the partnership had changed to Messrs. Grayhurst and Harvey, watchmakers and jewellers, who moved to new premises at 61 Strand and opened a bank account with Coutts & Co. where the firm still banks today and is one of their oldest account holders, second to the monarchy.
There were several further changes of partnership and the firm finally became Harvey and Gore in 1869 when they had premises at 126 Regent Street.
The Norman family have been involved since 1952 and today it is owned by Alastair and Sally Norman and is situated in the heart of Mayfair in the Burlington Arcade within Richard Ogden.